First and foremost, determine that Roof Replacement is absolutely necessary. Other Roofing Contractors may find a saturated patch of roof deck and immediately produce an estimate for Roof Replacement. Our Estimators have found that Spray Applied Systems are ideal for Roof Restoration. Tearing off just the saturated portions of the roof can save building owner’s thousands in Roof Replacement labor and material costs.
Click here to learn more about our Roof Restoration Process.
If the Roof is not a solid candidate for Roof Restoration (too much water damage, for example), a Spray Applied Roof is still a cost-effective option. Full tear-off and installation of a new roof deck must take place before the Spray Foam and Coating can be applied.
The Spray Applied Roof System is a 5 step process:
- Clean and prime the substrate
- Spray desired thickness of closed cell Roof Foam
- Spray base coat of high solids Elastomeric Silicone Coating
- Spray top coat of high solids Elastomeric Silicone Coating (light, reflective in color)
- Broadcast ceramic granules into wet top coat
Eliminate step 2 for a Silicone Coating System.
Although it is a relatively short and simple process, bad applications can do a lot of damage and might require re-application within 5 years or less. Spray Foam Roofing Contractors with at least 10 years of experience are highly recommended.