Leaking valley gutter on metal roof.
Spray polyurethane foam and coating to seal and facilitate drainage in valley gutter.
WHAT WE DID:
- Tore out existing EPDM membrane patches inside internal valley gutters.
- Pressure-washed valley gutters and tie-in areas to remove all loose dirt and debris.
- Grind/wire-brushed applicable fasteners and lap seams/transitions.
- Tightened and/or replaced all loose/missing fasteners within areas of repair.
- Sprayed epoxy primer over valley gutter surfaces and tied-in areas to enhance foam/coating adhesion.
- Sprayed polyurethane foam at an average thickness of 2” to seal and facilitate drainage in said valley gutter and tie into existing roof system.
- Reinforced all transition edges using reinforced silicone coating and fabric.
- Sprayed two coats of high-solids silicone coating over newly-sprayed foam.
- Broadcasted 3M ceramic granules into wet silicone top-coat.