Download this Case Study as a PDF
Metal Roof Restoration is becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason! Why replace an aging or rusted metal roof when you can restore it? That’s what our team was tasked with doing on an old Best One Tire warehouse roof.
|72,738 Sq. Ft.|
After our initial inspection, we found that the roof had previously been repaired with various coating and tar products. In order to prep the roof for a proper coating application, our crews had to pressure wash the entire surface, wire brush/remove the old coating, reinforce damaged metal paneling and tighten or replace loose and missing fasteners. This is a common issue with metal roofs. Our team takes the extra step of applying adhesive over all the fastener heads, vertical and lap seams to ensure a complete seal. After priming the entire roof with a red, rust-preventing primer, we applied a top coat of white silicone coating for a finished product.
Because white silicone is reflective, Spray-Tec Roof Systems qualify for “Cool Roof” Status. Depending on your local government programs, Cool Roofs can qualify for rebates of $1 per square foot (up to $10,000). We were able to help this customer receive a rebate of $7,000! His new roof system will also reduce the building’s energy costs for an additional savings. Combined savings will likely allow the roof to pay for itself within a few years.
Scope of Work
- Power-wash entire roof to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Utilize wire brush to remove all damaged coating from past repairs, as necessary.
- Spray rust primer over rusted and/or deteriorated areas to enhance adhesion.
- Reinforce deteriorated/damaged metal paneling.
- Reinstall one new 20’ downspout, reattach one downspout and remove and replace three (3) broken gutter hangers on perimeter gutter(s).
- Tighten and/or replace all loose/missing fasteners.
- Apply fibered silicone sealer over all fastener heads, vertical seams, lap seams and around all roof-top penetrations.
- Spray one coat high-solids silicone coating over entire roof.