Rebates are now available for property owners who install cool roofs. This is an effort to reduce cities’ urban heat island effects: where temperatures in urban areas are much higher than rural areas. Cool roofs use lighter roofing materials (such as spray foam and coating) that can reduce a roof’s temperature by more than 50 degrees.
Fluid-applied elastomeric coatings can be applied over most roofs. This protective coating system-light in color – helps reflect sunlight and makes the roof cooler while providing a watertight seal. Most coated roof systems pay back the cost of the roof in energy savings alone within a few years.
Some of the benefits of these systems include:
- Are applied over metal, built up and membrane roofs.
- Produce high reflectivity.
- Create a leak-free roof system.
- Maintain low life cycle costs.
- Have indefinite lifespans when properly maintained.
- Have high insulation value.
- Provide rapid payback in energy savings.
- Offer weather resistance.
- Are Energy Star & Cool Roof Rating Council approved.
For more information, check out this website or give us a call at 502.633.5499.